Jó volna alaposan áttanulmányozni a CEU magyarországi mükõdésének a jogosultságát!
Hiába, a sok pozítiv megítélés, ha NEM törvényesen mükõdik és ha óriási károkat okoz
azon országokban, ahol még mindég fontos a NEMZETI ÉRTÉKEK MEGTARTÁSA!
Beginning with 100-plus students in 1991, CEU held its first classes in Prague with students from 20 countries, primarily within the region. The University moved to Budapest in 1993.
MIÉRT KÖLTÖZÖTT EL A CEU PRÁGÁBÓL BUDAPESTRE?
Az ottani törvények nem engedték a müködését?
CEU’s Open Learning Initiative (OLIve) organizes weekend courses for refugees and asylum-seekers in Hungary. This includes English courses, career courses, an introduction to life and culture in Hungary, an academic course on human rights and academic tutoring to help students prepare university applications.
A CEU Peticíója:
Save Central European University
Legislation has been introduced in Hungary’s National Assembly (Országgyűlés) that specifically targets Central European University, one of the most prestigious universities in Central and Eastern Europe.
CEU is a private university “dedicated to socially and morally responsible intellectual inquiry.” (Central European University is a graduate institution of advanced research and teaching, dedicated to socially and morally responsible intellectual inquiry. CEU’s distinctive educational program builds on the research tradition of the great American universities; on the most valuable Central European intellectual traditions; on the international diversity of its faculty and students; on its commitment to social service; and on its own history of academic and policy achievements in transforming the closed communist inheritance. CEU is committed to promoting the values of open society and self-reflective critical thinking. It aims at excellence in the mastery of established knowledge, courage to pursue the creation of new knowledge in the humanities, the social sciences, law and management, and engagement in promoting applications for each, in particular through their policy implications. CEU is a new model for international education, a center for study of contemporary economic, social and political challenges, and a source of support for building open and democratic societies that respect human rights and human dignity.) It is accredited in both Hungary and the United States
(Central European University offers degrees that are accredited in Hungary and/or the US, thus ensuring that its students may obtain degrees acknowledged in the member states of the European Union depending on their enrollment in CEU’s different entities.
The “CEU, New York” entity is a US accredited institution with a teaching site in Budapest. This entity is not accredited in Hungary but its operational license is certified in Hungary by the Educational Authority. Students graduating from one of the “CEU, New York” programs obtain US degrees.
The “CEU, Budapest” entity is a Hungarian accredited institution that offers degrees accredited in Hungary. Students graduating from one of the “CEU, Budapest” programs obtain Hungarian degrees.
Students who complete both the Hungarian and the American accreditation requirements in a program that has dual accreditation may obtain two diplomas.
The Office of the Pro-Rector for Hungarian and EU Affairs is in charge of Hungarian accreditation related matters.
The degree programs listed below are accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Committee and registered by the Educational Authority. Currently these are the only programs offered at CEU that have Hungarian accreditation.), and recognized through a specific Hungarian law in its name, and funded independently by a founding endowment, philanthropic gifts, foundation grants, partnerships, tuition income and research grants. CEU is
highly ranked, and annually serves approx. 1500 students from over 100 countries.
Concerns about a “potential foreign influence” have led the populist Orbán government to target CEU. The proposed amendments to the Act CCIV of 2011 on National Higher Education, which have been introduced into parliament on March 28, 2017, specifically aim to:
- prohibit Central European University from operating under its present name as-is, unless its changes the name of its Hungarian entity;
- impose work permit vetting by the Hungarian government on non-EU faculty;
- prevent CEU from issuing US degrees to its students through its Hungarian entity even though Hungary and the US are both OECD members;
- require CEU to open a campus in the state of New York.
The official response from CEU describes the legislation as purposefully “discriminatory and unacceptable” and argues that the amendments will make the university’s continued operation as a “free and independent international graduate university” impossible.
We, scholars, students and supporters of free and unbiased scientific research and education call on the Hungarian National Assembly to drop the proposed legislation and to enter negotiations with the leadership of CEU that will ultimately allow this prestigious university to remain a proud contributor to scientific discourse in Hungary.
Updated on 29 March 2017 at 20:47 to include minor corrections.
– JÓ VOLNA MEGVIZSGÁLNI, HOGY MIÉRT KÖLTÖZÖTT A CEU PRÁGÁBÓL BUDAPESTRE!!!
– A NAGYON SZIGORÚ NYUGATI TÖRVÉNYEK MELLETT VAJON MELYIK NYUGATI ORSZÁGBAN ÁLLHATNÁ MEG A HELYÉT A CEU? MELYIK NYUGATI ORSZÁGBAN MÜKÖDHETNE A CEU JELENLEGI CEU FELTÉTELEK MELLETT?
– KIK VOLTAK AZOK, AKIK SEGÍTETTÉK A CEU-NAK ILYEN FORMÁBAN VALÓ MÜKÕDÉSÉT MAGYARORSZÁGON?
– A CEU ÁLTAL TERJESZTETT DEMOKRATIKUS, FÜGGETLEN ÉS SZABAD ELVEK TISZTELETBEN TARTJÁK-E A SZABAD NEMZETI ÁLLAMOK SZUVERENÍTÁSÁT?
– HA, A CEU PETICÍÓJÁBAN TALÁLNI LEHETNE HAMIS ÉS MANIPULATÍV ÉRVEKET, AKKOR A VILÁG TÖBB ORSZÁGAIBÓL BEGYÜJTÖTT ALÁÍRÁSOK ÉRVÉNYTELENEK LENNÉNEK, MERT A CEU “NEM” MEGFELELÕ/HAMIS ÉRVEKKEL TOBORZOTT ALÁÍRÁSOKAT!!!
– MANIPULÁLJA-E A CEU A DIÁKJAIT (A VOLT DIÁKJAIT IS) OLYAN SZTRÁJKOK MEGSZERVEZÉSÉRE, AMELYEK PROPAGANDÁJA ELLENTMOND AZON ORSZÁGOK LAKOSAINAK A TÖBBSÉGÉNEK A VÉLEMÉNYÉVEL, AHONNAN EZEN DIÁKOK SZÁRMAZNAK?
– MIÉRT HASZNÁLTAK A CEU DIÁKOK MANIPULÁLT ÉS HAZUG PROPAGANDÁT A DEMONSTRÁCIÓJUK ALKALMÁVAL BUDAPESTEN? A NYUGATI MÉDIÁKBAN MEGJELENTEK AZ ANGOL NYELVEN PROPAGÁLT DOLGAIK, AMELYEKNEK SEMMI KÖZE NEM VOLT A CEU PROBLÉMÁIHOZ! FONTOSABB VOLT A CEU DIÁKOKNAK MAGYARORSZÁG ÉS A MAGYAR KORMÁNY MOCSKOLÁSA VALAMINT AZ EU ÉS A MELEGEK ZÁSZLAJA! EZ, PEDIG SÉRTI A TÖBBSÉG ÉRZÉKENYSÉGÉT, AKIK EZÉRT SOKKAL NAGYOBBRA BECSÜLIK A TÖBBI MAGYAR EGYETEMEKET! MINDENKI SZÁMÁRA VILÁGOS, HOGY MAGYARORSZÁG EURÓPÁBAN VAN ÉS, HOGY MAGYARORSZÁGON A MELEGEKET SENKI SEM ÜLDÖZI!
– EGY KÜLFÖLDI EGYETEM “NE” AZÉRT JÖJJÖN LÉTRE MAGYARORSZÁGON, HOGY SEMMIBE VEGYE AZ OTT LAKÓ TÖBBSÉG ÉRTÉKEIT, VÉLEMÉNYÉT ÉS AKARATÁT!